MCR Gown Guide

Which gown should I go for?

To be clear: Purchase either an MA gown or a BA gown. BA is for ages up to 24, MA for ages 24 and over, and if you already have a masters from cambridge or you are doing a PhD, you may as well get an MA as nobody really minds (disclaimer, this isn’t technically the case according to the chart below. But the others are all strangely expensive, for some reason).

MA/BA status gown = MA/BA gown without strings; MMath/MEng/MSci gown = MA gowns with buttons.

For those who have Cambridge degrees: if you have both MA and MMath/MEng/MSci, go for MA gown as it is the HIGHEST degree in the ranking.

Where can I buy a gown?

Cambridge Students’ union “Gown Shop”:

Ryder and Amies:

Ede and Ravenscroft:

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top